View larger image
© Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery
Click on each image below to view at full size:
|Collection:||Coins & Medals|
|Manufacturer:||A S & Co - View history|
First located at 27 Paradise Street, Birmingham in 1925, the Birmingham Safety First Council had T Hawkins as it's Honourary Secretary. By 1933 the Council had moved to 76 Lionel Street, Birmingham and in Cornish's Birmingham Year book 1939-40, the address of the Safety First Council is listed as 57 Queen's College Chambers, Paradise Street. It's President was listed as the Lord Mayor of Birmingham, and the Honourary Secretary as Major Vernon Brooke OBE. This medal was awarded for the safe driving of a cart.
|Presented by Reverend G Richardson, 1996.|